The Robin HR-100 dirived from the DR-253 Régent, a four-seater aircraft with a fabriccovered wing and a fixed tricycle landing gear.
In 1969, the prototype of Régent was modified and fitted with an all-metal wing. With this new wing, designed by Chris Heintz, the aircraft designation became HR-100. It first flew on 3 April 1969.
Many variantes were built in the 1970s: HR-100/180 with 180 hp Lycoming O-360, HR-100/210 with a 210 hp engine, HR-100/250TR with a 250 hp engine
and a retractable landing gear, HR100/285 with a 280 hp Continental Tiara 6-285B, a retractable landing gear and a modified fuselage.
The HR100 was built from 1969 to 1976, 178 aircraft (in all variantes).
From HR-100, a two-deater aircraft was issued, the HR-200, and a lighter variante R-1120 from 1977.
Some aircraft have been used by the French air force, notably by the Flight Test Centre (CEV) and navale aviation as a liaison aircraft.
|Empty weight||840 kg|
|Maximum take off weight||1 400 kg|
|Range||2 130 km|
|Engine||1 Lycoming IO-540-C4B5|
Our HR100 has served in the Flight Test Center of Toulouse, which give us the aircraft in September 2009 (as well as the Cessna 310 and Sepecat Jaguar).
Then it was lent for two years to a training centre (Maser-Aéroconsult) where it was used as a for mechanical and hydraulic instruction. In 2013 it came back in our collection, and receive a light restaration.