The Cessna 310 was one of the most popular private aircraft. The fi rst prototype made its maiden fl ight on the 3rd of January 1953 and was to be followed
by 6321 production aircraft, the last rolling off the production line in 1980. The six-seater was Cessna’s first twin-engined aircraft after World War Two, immediately becoming a big success.
The type also saw military use as liaison aircraft. The US Air Force has used 160 Cessna 310A with the designation L-27A and then U-3A, and 32 Cessna 310F called L-27B/U-3B. Their unofficial nickname was “Blue Canoe” due to their color livery. The Cessna 310 was also used in the armies of Haiti, Ecuador and Paraguay.
In France they were used by governmental organizations as the Centre d’essais en vol (17 aircrafts), Customs (1 Cessna 310R), mainly as liaison aircraft).
|Empty weight||1 436 kg|
|Maximum take off weight||2 400 kg|
|Range||1 170 km|
|Engines||2 Continental IO-520-MB|
|Serial number||310Q-00693 and 310Q-00513,|
The displayed aircraft has the serial number 310- 693 and was used by the French “Centre d’Essais en Vol” (French Flight Test Centre). It was handed
over to the Ailes Anciennes by the Direction Générale pour l’Armement (General Directorate for Armament) in 2009.
The second Cessna came, from the CEV too, in 2014. His condition is better than the first one.